What are the Best Peloton Bike Mats To Protect Your Carpets and Floorings?
With the variety of carpets and floor bike mats available, choosing the best peloton bike mat requires a proper understanding of what you are looking for. But it necessary?
Therefore, considering the average cost of replacing your floor is about $18/ft2, purchasing an extra exercise mat to rest the bike on is both cost-effective and highly recommended.
So we’ve done the research for you – and it was not easy.
So, what is the best Peloton bike mat today?
After 120 hours of research for the best exercise mat to use with Peloton, this was the decision and conclusion we arrived at. The Wahoo KICKR Multi-Purpose Floor Mat
is the overall best for all purposes.
However, the Powr Labs Exercise Bike Mat for Indoor Bike Trainer was identified as the most versatile bike mat if you’re ready to make the best choice. Definitely regarded as one of the best compatible exercise mats for Peloton.
Again if you want a mat better than a simple yoga indoor bike mat you can go for the All-Purpose Exercise Mat. Something LARGE, thick and dense, the IncStores Premium Rubber Gym Flooring Mats will be your best choice.
Table of Contents
- Peloton Bike Mats Comparison Table
- Best Peloton Mats 2021: Top 15 Reviewed
- Top Peloton Bike Mats 2021 Compared
- 1. Wahoo KICKR Multi-Purpose Floor Mat
- 2. Powr Labs Exercise Bike Mat
- 3. IncStores Rubber Flooring Gym Mats
- 4. BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles
- 5. Bike Cycle Trainer Floor Mat Suits
- 6. SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 30GS
- 7. Velotas Pro Series High-Density Equipment Mats
- 8. Balance from Go fit Exercise bike Equipment Mat
- 9. Saris CycleOps Training Mat for Bike Trainers
- 10. SuperMats Heavy-duty equipment mat 13GS
- 11. ProSource Fit Trifold Folding Thick Mat
- 12. Yes4All Interlocking Foam Mats
- 13. Prosource fs-1908 Puzzle Mat
- 14. AmazonBasics High-Density Exercise Equipment
- 15. Stamina Fold-to-fit Folding Fitness Equipment Mat
- Peloton Bike Mats Buyers Guide. Factors to Consider when Choosing an Exercise Mat
- Customer Reviews
- Types of Exercise Mats
Peloton Bike Mats Comparison Table
|Top Top Top||Wahoo KICKR Multi-Purpose Floor Mat||Buy Now|
|Powr Labs Exercise Bike Mat (XL) Spin Bike Mat for Floor, Rower Peloton Bike Mat for Hardwood Floor||No Results|
|Top Top Top Top||IncStores Rubber Flooring Gym Mats||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top Top||Bike Cycle Trainer Floor Mat Suits||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top Top||BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 30GS||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Amazon Basics High Density Exercise Equipment and Treadmill Mat - 3-Foot x 8.5-Foot||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Velotas Pro Series High-Density Equipment Mats||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top Top||Saris CycleOps Training Mat for Indoor Bike Trainers||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Balance from Go fit Exercise bike Equipment Mat||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Supermats Heavy-duty Equipment mat 13GS||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||ProSource Fit Trifold Folding Thick Exercise Mat||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Yes4All Interlocking Foam Mats||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Prosource fs-1908 Puzzle Mat||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Kinetic by Kurt Floor Mat (Black)||Buy Now|
|Top Top||Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat (84-Inch by 36-Inch)||Buy Now|
Best Peloton Mats 2021: Top 15 Reviewed
- Wahoo KICKR Multi-Purpose Floor Mat
- Powr Labs Exercise Bike Mat
- IncStores Rubber Flooring Gym Mats
- Bike Cycle trainer Floor Mat Suits
- BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles
- SuperMats Heavy Duty Mat 30GS
- Velotas Pro Series High-Density Equipment Mats
- Balance from Go fit stationary bike Equipment Mat
- Saris CycleOps Training Mat for Bike Trainers
- Supermats Heavy-duty mat 13GS
- ProSource Fit Trifold Folding Thick Exercise Mat
- Yes4All Interlocking Foam Mats
- Prosource fs-1908 Puzzle Mat
- AmazonBasics High-Density Exercise Equipment
- Stamina Fold-to-fit Folding Equipment Mat
Top Peloton Bike Mats 2021 Compared
This Wahoo KICKR mat is made specifically for upright bike trainers although it works well for other uses. Its dust, sweat, and water-resistant to maintain sufficient grip for your equipment while allowing for longevity.
It does not have any odors and feels premium to the touch. As an improvement from its regular version, this variant is significantly less wobble and much easier to clean.
- Good size
- Good quality
- Relatively higher price – you get what you pay for
2. Powr Labs Exercise Bike Mat
This light bike mat is fantastic at absorbing vibrations and noises. The surface is rugged yet soft and rarely slippery. It’s versatile enough to maintain a flat consistency when rolled and unrolled multiple times.
While it supports other fitness routines like yoga and aerobics, the unit reported to up well under. It’s made of rubber and feels great to step on. The little stench is produced, unlike other rubber bike mats.
- Minimal twisting
- Firm and thin enough
- Zero sweat absorption
- Excellent for multiple applications
- The cost is a bit high
- Too thin for some people’s taste
3. IncStores Rubber Flooring Gym Mats
These mats are neither very thick nor very thin and therefore ideal for home and commercial use. They are available in two thickness variations – 5mm and 8mm. The mats may not be suitable for high-volume heavy lifting gym equipment.
Since the mats are not very thick, they can be easily cut to suit your room size. You can even order custom-cut mats from the manufacturer.
- Optimum thickness
- Durable and long-lasting
- Easy to install
- 5-year warranty
- Anti-slip functionality
- High-quality rubber construction
- It may not be suitable for high traffic areas
- Not appealing aesthetically
4. BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles
These high-density EVA foam mats are perfect for any gym. The interlocking tiles give a uniform look and are extra thick offering a non-slip indoor cycling exercise experience. There is a beautiful non-slip pattern on the upper side of the mats, which looks appealing.
You can choose from blue, black, or grey colors depending on your gym decor. The mats are great to protect the floors from various exercise equipment.
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight material
- Available in different thickness
- Excellent resilience and cushion
- As its a rubber mat, it prevents injuries
- You cannot use cycling shoes on these mats
- It may not work well for a few intense exercises
5. Bike Cycle Trainer Floor Mat Suits
This 30″x72″ peloton bike mat is perfect for protecting all types of flooring from repeated back and forth motion from treadmills, elliptical, and stationary spinning gear such as the peloton bike. It features an extra soft finish with a thickness of 6mm sufficient to maintain a healthy cushioning regardless of the weight of the overlying machine.
This is made possible by the use of PVC material which is durable and lightweight. Unlike similar products, the workout mat has a little plastic odor that disappears within minutes after unboxing.
- Easy to set-up
- Soft to touch
- Great for multi-use
- Easy to fold and carry
- Perfect under peloton bike
- Excellent protection for hardwood floors
- Slippery when wet
- Not suitable for heavy equipment like large treadmills
6. SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 30GS
This is a super-tough bike mat designed to protect hardwood and carpeted floors from being damaged because of heavy exercise equipment. It also prolongs the life of your equipment because it offers to cushion and support.
The product does not contain any harmful materials and is hence non-toxic. The mat has been constructed not to leave any marks on your expensive or light-colored carpet.
- Absorbs vibration and noise
- Perfect for treadmills and stationary bikes
- May not withstand the weight of heavy treadmills
7. Velotas Pro Series High-Density Equipment Mats
These affordable mats for a home gym are made from high-density PVC vinyl and offer a premium workout experience. They are perfect for heavy treadmills and stationary bikes. They are also easy to clean and easy to install.
The mats are available in multiple sizes and are therefore very flexible. They come with a 2mm thickness, which is less than a quarter inch. These may not offer super nice absorption because of being less thick.
- Lightweight and durable
- Water-resistant material
- Can be easily wiped clean
- Multi-purpose use
- Affordable and long-lasting
- It may not work well on thick carpets
- It does not offer good traction
8. Balance from Go fit Exercise bike Equipment Mat
With two size variants; 2.5x5ft and 3×6.5ft, your Peloton bike and assigned home space are well catered for. Designed for heavy equipment, the mat is made of high-density material spotting different patterns on both sides.
The spin bike mat is easy to clean with soap and water to retain that clean, glossy finish. In addition to providing sufficient grip for your equipment, the mat absorbs vibrations and reduces noise caused by all plane movements.
The rugged pattern is present on both sides and protects the floor against scrubbing. With the majority of users leaving positive, mostly 5-star reviews, the two-year balance form warranty is the icing on the cake.
- Easy to clean
- Highly mobile
- High-density material
- Firm grip on both sides
- Usable as yoga mat as well
- Excellent support for a variety of weights
- Poor customer support
- Too soft for some user preferences
9. Saris CycleOps Training Mat for Bike Trainers
This peloton mat is best suited for intense workouts as it is quite durable and sweat-proof. Another great feature is its ability to absorb noise and vibration efficiently. It can be used under any trainer whether it’s a bike or other Peloton accessories.
It is easily bendable and therefore can be moved from one place to another to help use and clean your peloton bike properly. It will not rip or tear even if you use it with your cycling bike shoes on. The mat is quite well-made and will last for a long time.
- The bike trainer mat is Sweat-proof and noise absorbing material
- Protects the floor from bike grime
- Works great on carpeted floors
- Not designed like a yoga mat
10. SuperMats Heavy-duty equipment mat 13GS
This protective bike mat is locally made and is of high quality. We especially like the adherence to safety regulations by not including any harmful chemicals or materials for the sake of kids and pets.
Doubling up as a personal exercise mat, this is one of the best Peloton exercise bike mats available. The unit also works well with treadmills, rowers, steppers, recumbent bikes and stationary bikes.
The use of vinyl composite material ensures the spin bike mat offers sufficient cover against vibrations, noise, dust, and scratching to maximize the output of your active sessions.
- Fairly priced
- No bad smell
- Excellent quality
- Stays flat right out of the box
- Good size, especially the width
- Perfect size for a Peloton spin bike
- Leaves a black deposit on brightly colored floors
11. ProSource Fit Trifold Folding Thick Mat
This is a high-quality product for both strength and resistance training. It allows users to participate at full intensity in most arrays of workouts including spinning, yoga and stretching.
The deployment of strong PVC material makes it less disposed to skidding while delivering excellent friction needed to hold on to the heaviest fitness machines.
It’s easy to clean with a light stroke of damp cloth and soap. The cushioning is excellent for absorbing noise and vibrations and is versatile in all rooms in the house.
- Compact tri-fold design
- Great mat for peloton classes
- Good nonslip surface feel for workouts
- A decent quality mat for the price
- It may not be suitable for heavy treadmills
12. Yes4All Interlocking Foam Mats
This high-quality material bike foam mat features precisely interlocking edges that allow you to form continuous padding of any size for your home gym and peloton cycle.
Both sides are etched with non-slip patterns that help maintain a flat orientation as well. You have a variety of colors to choose from including black, grey and blue.
The same applies to the sizes in terms of thickness ranging from 1/2 “to 1 inch with corresponding length options. While it’s easy to clean the moisture-resistant technology helps maintain proper hygiene.
- Multiple size varieties
- Modular interlocking design
- Excellent non-slip technology
- 2-year inclusive warranty
- Scratches on squares
- Some squares deform and may come apart without support
- Poor interlocking compatibility between differently-colored pieces
13. Prosource fs-1908 Puzzle Mat
Known for its excellent impact absorption capacity, the bike mat provides an excellent platform to run a tour peloton bike. The unit easily interlocks to allow for accommodation of all size preferences.
The use of proven materials allows for maximum protection against skidding and floor damage while ensuring the package lasts long.
With its simplistic, flat design, it is versatile enough to be used in garages, gyms and any allocated home fitness space. While individual tiles have open spaces, the bordering pieces spot files end borders for a polished look.
- Easy to set up for any indoor cycling bike
- Sticks together for a long time
- Great mats to lessen joint impact
- Some units are reported to have small pieces of glass or hard plastic embedded below the superficial layer that might hurt your unprotected body.
14. AmazonBasics High-Density Exercise Equipment
If you are after both form and function, this 2.5x6ft mat is for you. Its minimalistic design allows excellent multi-use functionality for your Peloton bike as well as other home workout equipment such as treadmills and elliptical bikes.
The company offers a 1-year warranty although the product rarely fails. The heavy-duty PVC materials ensure that your floor is kept intact regardless of how hard you wish to train.
- Clean finish
- 1-year warranty
- Durable materials
- Great for both tiles and wood floors
- Reported to form crises
- Thinner than other products in this list
15. Stamina Fold-to-fit Folding Fitness Equipment Mat
If you like it rough, this is the piece for you.
Featuring a grippy textured surface, the bike mat prevents any unwarranted slipping.
While it works well for most uses, the unit is excellent at protecting your floors from continuous damage.
It features a closed-cell foam that is soft enough to absorb any impacts yet tough and long-lasting.
The mat fits in most spaces, thanks to its 7 12″ folds.
- Perfect thickness
- Anti-skid technology
- Large enough for practicality
- Relatively higher price – you get what you pay for
Peloton Bike Mats Buyers Guide. Factors to Consider when Choosing an Exercise Mat
We all want to live to 100.
Routinely participating in physical exercises is a great way to achieve that. According to the World Health Organization, adults aged 18-64 should engage in 150-minute moderate or 75-minute high-intensity workouts to maintain good health.
In fact, doing just that has been shown to reduce the risk of contracting non-communicable terminal illnesses by 50% and premature death by 30%.
One problem though, starting and maintaining a consistent fitness routine is far from easy.
As expected, several companies have jumped into this space to spice up the task. Peloton is the most notable of them all for integrating high technology into their line of fitness equipment such as the Peloton bike and Peloton tread.
With a massive 21.5″ HD touchscreen display for streaming over 10,000 live spin classes and actively tracking progress, the majority of consumers have reportedly smashed their daily goals.
The package comes in at a hefty initial cost along with a monthly $39 subscription (now $12). For all the good stuff, the bike weighs in at 305lbs.
Add your weight and the cycling force to this and your floor may suffer.
Notwithstanding the additional cost of investing in a decent heart rate monitor to track and measure your progress, exercise shoes, magnetic resistance, you may need a Peloton mat to make your experience a memorable one.
Regardless of your budget, look for a brand that is known for long-lasting mats in order to get the best value for your money.
Consider the space you have allocated for a workout in your home as well as the size of fitness equipment you wish to place on the mat; length, width, and weight, to ensure it fits perfectly with minimal folding on any edge.
Since you have little control over the longevity and performance of the unit you purchase, a warranty should come as a minimum to ensure you are covered should anything go wrong. Also, companies with warranties signify confidence in their products.
This is the most important deciding factor on what you get in a pvc mat. Ensure that the piece you buy is made of strong and durable materials. Hazardous chemicals and bad smells should be avoided.
Assuming, you have never used a mat before, the best way to find out how it fairs is by checking out what people say about it online. For the most part, customers leave honest reviews and a pattern of reactions that you can trust. Just be sure to sample multiple comments before placing a verdict.
Types of Exercise Mats
The mat of your choice should be influenced by the kind of application you intend to use it for. The following are the major categories of exercise mats based on application:
1. All-Purpose Exercise Mats
These are mats common to all settings.
They feature a foam of moderate thickness and can be used for all exercises including push-ups, planks, sit-ups, etc.
They are average in both grip and size.
2. Stretch Mats
These are high-density foam mats that offer extra cushioning compared to general-purpose mats.
They are firm in structure to maintain the same size after multiple usages.
They are not meant to be folded and multiple pieces can be joined to achieve the desired thickness and area.
They are excellent for gymnastics and joint therapy exercises.
3. Yoga mats
These are relatively thin mats at about 0.1 to 0.2” thick mats used to give proper orientation while performing yoga.
They are mostly made of PVC to provide sufficient grip and keep you from accidents.
4. Pilates Mats
These are thicker than yoga mats to help provide comfort when performing Pilates exercises.
They have a textured bottom and soft upper surface finishes to prevent slippage.
With a closed foam structure, they are easy to clean.
- All mats have a mechanism for maintaining grip and avoiding slippage when in contact with the floor
- All mats have sufficient usable area and multiple pieces can be laid side by side to cover a larger floor area
- All mats assume a flat orientation
- All mats are easily movable
- Different mats have different sizes in terms of length and width.
- Different mats have different thicknesses with yoga mats being the thinnest and stretch mats the thickest
- Once you have decided on the type of mat you wish to go for, it’s important to narrow it down to specific aspects of each mat.
Frequently Asked Question about Peloton (FAQs)
#Is the peloton mat worth it?
Yes. It provides excellent protection for all types of floors
#Do I need a mat for my peloton?
Yes. Due to the heavyweight of the equipment, extended use is bound to damage your floor.
#Do I need a mat under my spin bike?
No, you don’t. But, for the sake of protecting your carpeting or floor, a rubber mat is highly recommended
#Does the peloton work on carpet?
You probably need to place a sheet of plywood under the bike to provide a stable surface on which it can rest. This also helps keep the carpet in its place.
To make your fitness journey safer, fun and cost-effective, it’s advisable to get yourself the best Peloton mats.
We hope that this article will help you make a proper choice of durable, lightweight, practical and easy-to-maintain large equipment mat that will protect your floor against the peloton bike.
So, what has been your experience with your favorite exercise mat?
And what was its compatibility with your favorite Peloton bike?