The mini stepper, a low-impact machine has two-foot plates to stand on and mimics climbing stairs. It moves against hydraulic pressure in its stepping motion. On the other hand, the mini elliptical also has two-foot plates to stand on. A non-impact machine with continuous movement under variable resistance.
Both types of equipment are relatively inexpensive, easy to store and portable. They differ in the results they can achieve.
Most smaller versions of machines are targeted at home users who may not do as much exercise as they would want. Often, these machines are the starting point for improving fitness, assisting in a patient’s recovery or helping with weight loss.
It is elliptical trainers and step machines we’re talking about here. Arguably, two of the best cardio workout machines available today.
These machines offer a quick, lightweight and compact way to get your heart pumping. A great way to keep your leg muscle toning and your weight loss goals in focus right in your home without hitting the gym or going out for a walk.
You may not need a huge machine at home or the office especially looking at its size and build.
However, fitness equipment manufacturers keep on producing new technology products and have realized a need to produce portable, simple and easy-to-use options for cardio training lovers.
For this reason, the mini elliptical and mini stepper machines have come to stay.
Mini Elliptical Trainer
A lot of people, especially, beginners love the look, feel and build of elliptical trainers. But behind this attraction is the fact that it is a high-impact exercise machine.
Just like its smaller version – the mini elliptical which is almost of a low-impact pressure or effort.
They are portable, compact, and lightweight. For example this Stamina InMotion Elliptical.
If you’re keen on improving your cardiovascular health, toning your leg muscle or burning some calories at the comfort of your home or office – then this elliptical machine will be a good friend for a long time.
For those who prefer home gyms to gym membership subscriptions – this will be a great addition.
A compact elliptical trainer will serve the aged, ill stricken, a homebound person who requires blood circulation all around their body.
This research shows how elliptical exercise compares and provides better results against ground walking, overground jogging, treadmill jogging in a referent adult population.
Mini stepper machine
A mini stepper comes with two-foot plates to stand on. Like climbing stairs, a steeper or a stair stepper utilizes a steady stepping motion.
This slow but steady step motion is exerted against hydraulic pressure. A true low-impact exercise machine you can trust. An example is the Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with monitor below.
1. Both are portable, quiet, lightweight and compact machines.
2. These machines can get your heart pumping quickly, tone your leg muscle and burn some extra calories right in your home.
3. These portable elliptical and stepper machines are very affordable. At a price point of between $50 and $200, you can buy any of these exercise machines to improve your fitness and overall health.
4. You can workout on both machines at home or in the office during lunchtime.
1. The up and down continuous movement of the mini stepper causes an impact on the knee. The knee impact should be gentle and checked to avoid any unforeseen knee injury. On the other hand, the consistent and continuous movement of a mini elliptical exerts no direct knee impact.
2. The up and down continuous movement of a workout on a smaller stepper place much emphasis on the core muscles, calves, quadriceps, glutes, etc… Unlike the one continuous movement on an elliptical which emphasizes the hamstrings, mid-torso muscles – abs, lats, etc..
When a Mini elliptical or stepper may be necessary for you…
1. You may be getting all your cardio training needs through long walks or your favourite power walks. But the days are shortening and the weather may be standing in your way, so you may have to bring all your cardio workouts indoor.
2. You live in an apartment with neighbours all around you. Noise making may be a no-no. All you need is a compact elliptical or step machine – basically an elliptical without the handles – just the feet part.
3. You’re desperate to get your heart rate up. You probably get your heart pumping from stair climbing, jogging, walking, or running. However, with a smaller stepper or an elliptical machine, all you need is a
heart rate monitor to track your progress.
4. Who wants to use every bit of space in their home or living room to workout. However, cardio is your thing. So these lightweight and compact machines will be a great addition to your home fitness equipment arsenal.
Benefits of the Mini Elliptical vs Mini Stepper
You’re not alone in your weight loss journey. These compact exercise machines come with no assembling required. They’re pre-assembled. What about burning about 1000 calories before breakfast.
Is that too much to ask? It is possible.
However, choosing the right machine that will help you achieve your weight loss goals is very important. Again, we’ll tie weight loss to your cardio because your heart can’t be ignored when burning calories.
They work hand in hand. The elliptical trainer has a reputation for assisting in weight loss, therefore we can be sure that the mini elliptical will be best for burning extra calories.
Many especially beginner complain about how the step machine is difficult to push with your legs.
The stair stepper just like climbing stairs utilizes a steady up and down stepping motion.
This movement hit different muscle groups through a resistant force. And unlike the elliptical machine, which also hit different muscle groups, they all work towards a nice toned leg muscle and body.
Your goal of toning your leg muscle will be better experienced on the stepper machine because of the opposing resistance applied.
Does your stepper get your heart rate up?
For beginners, these smaller machines will get your heart pumping in no time. Just like climbing stairs if there’s one in your home.
In that, your mind and the effort you exert on the machine would be geared towards seeing results quickly. Whether you’re standing or sitting for a long stepper session or an under-desk elliptical workout in the office.
Professional, on the other hand, may require these compact machines to recover from an acute knee injury or a warm-up for a high-intensity cardio aerobics. And also a great way to get a good workout for your lower body.
How does it compare to other forms of cardio?
Actually, these portable machines are low-impact exercise machines. Unlike the elliptical trainer, we find in gyms that are for high-impact cardio aerobics.
These smaller ones will be okay and fit for purpose. A quick 30 minutes of exercise at home will be great and better than nothing.
Now you know all the nuances of performing an aerobic exercise on a mini stepper or elliptical. What they have in common and how they differ.
What do you think about these amazing cardio machines for your home?
I hope you can make a better decision when you’re in the market for the one that best fits your needs.